Saturday 16 June 2012

An Evening Cut, A Morning Stitch!

Fabric I was given


Ok, so this is a tea towel project that was bought for me by Aunt Liz from one of her quilting shops.  I have had it since about Dec, and finally decided to complete this one.  I now have a Fall and Christmas one waiting to be done.  I really loved the colors!


What I did Last Night

The Process to make this is called Applique.  It requires me to trace out the design onto a special paper that has a glue based back on it.  I then stick that to the fabric swatches above and lightly iron to adhere them.  Then I can cut it out, peel off the other backing and set it in place on the towel.  I kept playing around with it until I was happy, then I ironed it to secure it in place.
What I did during my morning coffee.

Finished project

 After that, I had to blanket stitch around each edge of fabric.  This is something new to me, as my old machine didn't have this stitch.  So this was in fact my 3rd applique project, but my first on this machine!    When I was done, there were two little crystals to secure in place on the water drops.  Now, they didn't tell me how to do that, (instructions were only the diagram) so I dug out some super glue and put them on.  This isn't going to be a regular use towel anyhow, so I don't anticipate it having many washes to go through.  But it sure looks nice in my kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment