Monday 11 June 2012

The First Stitch Is The Sweetest!

Welcome to 'Go Stitch Yourself'.

This blog is to help family, friends anyone else see my sewing projects, start to finish.  I hope that you will enjoy the finished projects as much as me, and maybe laugh along with me at mistakes and mishaps in the making of the project.

If anyone was to walk into my small house right now, you would know a quilter lived here!  Bins of quilt tops waiting their turn to be stitched up!  Fabric and patterns waiting to be cut and sewn!  I only started into quilting a year ago and have already had to upgrade to a better machine so that I can do the fancier things.  But sewing is something I did a little of at university.  Sometimes by hand, sometimes with the little dress maker machine (which I ended up killing I used it so much).  I remember telling someone I was getting into quilting and sewing a year ago, and they just said to me "Why, it's cheaper to buy a quilt".  My response is, because it is way more fun to make one (maybe not to you, but to me it is), the reward is greater and I love the story that it can tell.  One thing I have been trying to do, is name my quilts.  Not based on their  Patterns Name, but based on the story of that quilt.  Stick with my blog long enough, and you will soon start to see what I mean.
A Piece of Home!

I will post as often as I can, but understand that projects can't all be done in a day!  I just quilted together a quilt that I had done in January, but didn't have the ability to finished until this weekend.  Finished is an operative word, as it still needs it's binding put on.  I also have a quilt my mom started in circa 1977, and it is in queue to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment